Thursday, October 16, 2008

FINALLY, THE MOOK HAS COME BACK TO DRIVERDOM!

Okay, so that kind of tagline works better when The Rock would say it (as opposed to my typing it)...but hey, I'm giddy as a schoolgirl right now!
After almost two weeks of an emotional rollercoaster, I finally found someone to work with me, and it wasn't one of those "crappy car ride" places that give you an old car that wont make the distance of the loan without having the majority of things replaced first.
It was a used car place as part of a larger dealer in the area. So, instead of being the proud owner of an 8 year old Buick Regal that lies dead at a repair shop, I now am the proud owner of a 2007 Saturn Aura with the low (lowest on any vehicle i've ever owned) 47,500 miles on it.
The salesman, Brian, and his manager really worked out a great deal, dropping their price and agreeing to a few other terms of mine to make sure that I got the vehicle I wanted, and drive off with. I have longer loan terms of 6 years, but it puts my payments at about $310 a month, which will be paid off much quicker than 6 years, but its nice to have low payments.
The only real downside to it all is my insurance. By transferring my same full coverage over to this newer vehicle, it wiped out the discount I got just this month for having a perfect driving record and no claims. I was paying $75/mo, and had it slashed to $45/mo....now I'm going back up to $77. Oh well, it isnt totally horrible, and...I HAVE A NEW CAR...no more asking for rides to work for me, no more of my wife having to work only the schedule of her ride....and of course, it's silly, but I have the whole prideful thing of knowing that I am the man of the family who "takes care of things."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

see how patience pays off. God always provides honey, so long as we don't get in his way.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the car! The Saturn Aura is a good car too. Enjoy!